- everyone plays
- balanced teams
- open registration
- positive coaching
- good sportsmanship
- recreational soccer where number of players, size of field,
adherence to FIFA rules,
tracking the score, team standings and
competition slowly ramp up from under-6 to under-19 teams.
- All games are local and
- boys and girls have play in separate divisions.
- The main season registers in April, begins in September and
runs until mid November with 1-2 weekly
practices typically on weekday evenings and one weekly game either on
Saturday or Sunday (depending on age).
- A smaller and more competitive select season forms in
winter and plays through spring.
- The whole venture is inexpensive and staffed
volunteers, every parent should expect to take on at least a small task
such as field setup, organizing snacks or end of season
- The region and A.Y.S.O. provide training for referees and
coaches, uniforms, playing equipment, and handle organizational needs.
- Each player is responsible for their own shoes and